Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sherlock Holmes.

I finally finish reading the 're-published' version of Sherlock Holmes series of 10 books in Chinese, including the bibliography of the writer late Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Spend more than half a year of reading that series due to I did most of the reading in the wash room. :P

I started reading about the stories of Sherlock Holmes when I was in primary school. I knew the stories are very famous all around the world, but didn't know that the writer was so famous in contributing in wars. He was a doctor, but didn't really have interest in that. He's more interested in writing, and giving speech I guess at his later age. And he was very into religion too. He rather gave up his prestigious titles

He respects women. In the book it mentioned that he was quite pampered his children. The only time he slapped his son after they had grown up was when they were in a train and his son criticized about an ugly woman. I was really impressed about that.

The next book I'm going to read is 'Sweetheart From Hell' by May-Zhee Lim, a very young talented writer. Don't know how long I will take to finish the book this time. Haha...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U do your reading when pang sai? :P

bluecrystal said...

Yup. Don't waste time mah. :P