Friday, February 15, 2008

RM54k Marriage Proposal.

I believe most of the people who picked up The Star or The Sun newspaper would know about an Account Exec's marriage proposal to his girlfriend using a billboard on LDP highway. For those who haven't read it, you can get the full story here .

I suppose many guys would feel angry because they might think that the guy spoilt the market and they need to crack their head to top that with their girls. :P

A RM54K proposal! Wow! RM40k on the billboard and only RM14k on the ring? I don't know how the girl thinks, or how other people think, but for myself personally, I rather my man spend the RM40k on something more worthy, like.....a house's down payment? :P

If not because of the guy's dad owns the billboard business, do you think an advertising account exec can afford the RM40k on the billboard only? Eventhough he can afford, I doubt he will spend that amount of money on that.

After such 'advertisement', I suppose the press would like to cover more on their wedding planning, their wedding, and even their marriage. It reminds me of a lot of Hollywood couples' or Hong Kong couples' marriage breakdown because of paparazzi and 'publicity'. Of course, I don't wish that to happen on this lovely young couple.

Perhaps I'm too 'realistic', or should I call it 'practical'? I prefer my proposal should be simple, sweet, and have a personal touch. I don't need to share it with the whole wide world.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not desperate for any proposal now. I'm kind of enjoying my 'single' life now actually. Marriage means I need to have kid, which will be really a 'string attachment' to me. A lot of people have been asking me when I will get married. The same answer I gave to everyone: I have no proposal from anyone yet. Perhaps I will just marry to the one who propose to me next. :P




No comments: