Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend = Housework.

I spent my this weekend doing housework only most of the time since my mum went back to hometown. I didn't really do any housework since she came and stayed with me about a year ago.

On Saturday after half day work and lunch outside, came back, rest for a while, then washed clothes using hands because the material of the clothes cannot use the washing machine. My palms were red after squeezing the clothes dry. Alright I admit my palms are marshmallows. Then I swept and mopped the floor. By the time I finish, it's about 6pm already. Luckily had dinner outside with a few friends, and I need not to cook. :p

Sunday, woke up at 10am, prepared everything to boil ABC soup. Then prepare spaghetti for lunch, and then washed clothes (both hand and machine wash). I guess some people must be wondering why do I have so many clothes to be washed. My bf changed 2 to 3 sets of clothes everyday. When he has badminton session, he will change another 3 shirts. So..that's why. Then went for steamboat and grill buffet with friends last night which caused our whole body so smelly, and we changed another set of clothes again.

After the clothes washing and hanging was about 2pm, rest for a while, peel pears and apples skin for both of us while watching TV, another half an hour gone. Luckily he helped out by ironing his own pants and shirts.

It's 4.30pm now, and another half an hour more I need to prepare the dinner again.

Doing housework is definitely more tiring than working full time in the office everyday. Since I quit the gym and always rain in the evening nowadays and I can't go swim, I just treat that's the only exercise for me. Or else I will really feel grumpy doing all the housework. :P

If there is anyone said being a housewife is easy, ask them to do it everyday like what a normal housewife do, then only they will know how 'easy' it can be.

I miss my mum so much!! :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey......u actually do house work.

Why dont hire a maid to do all of that la?

going through washing and hanging and ironing then cleaning of floors and stuff.......those are not for girls to do la!!!

Anonymous said...

Cannot afford to hire maid. I'm poor. sob sob......

Not for girls to do? Then for guys? :P

It's really a good exercise for doing housework. I don't have to pay RM150 to the gym. :)

Anonymous said...

come on leh.... how can u not afford a maid especially wen u n ur bf are both working. like washing and ironing u can send it to the laundry. Since u so kesian your bf change so many clothes. and for the house get a weekly maid lor, only like RM200 - RM300 a month only ma. if u want, i can give you the contact.

Wen i mean not for girls, I meant that girls (wife/gf) are not cut out to do house work. they should be pampered and relax during their free time. do whatever they wanna do.....