Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Change of Career Path?

One of my bosses offers me a position to be a sales person in my company. I'm doing documentation, project service coordination work and a little bit of sales coordination work. This offer is totally different from what I am doing. My boss think that it's such a waste to let me just sit on the position I'm holding because I'm so well verse of my company's products and services, I can interact with people, and I can work well with my Sr.Sales Manager. He asked me to have a serious thought about it and let him know.

After a night's thought, I think I'm going to turn down the offer, and let my boss know what's my expectation to the company while I'm still working here. Hope everything is going fine after this.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. sales job equals more pay(at least got commission?) he he Plus a lot more flexible working time ;)

bluecrystal said...

Flexible working time? For other company maybe. But in my company, no such thing. Sales person in my company work like a dog, and commission is very little. Just count: 1% for the 1st RM500k. How about that?

Anonymous said...

Flexible as in since you're out can always plan your time for personal stuff mah...

1% of 500k is 5k wor... every month extra 5k syiok what ha ha

bluecrystal said...

No no no. In my company, there is not much flexibility even if in sales cos we need to email our activities to the bosses and HR/Account everyday to tell them where we go.

Chen said...

wahh... 1% of 500k is a lot wor....Imagine getting 5k extra every month.... :)If like that, i don't mind working like a dog too lor.... even if i am working like a dog now....

bluecrystal said...

The problem is not easy to get 500k per month leh. Some more we are running projects. One project can last for months one woh.